I’m up early to do a bit of work on Elora of Stone, based on Chris’s latest round of edits. (My God, she’s an amazing editor.)
I always get up early, but this morning I was making my coffee at 4:30am. That’s because I have a ton of writing to do today, and because I’m also hosting Thanksgiving Dinner this evening for the Mann side of the family. So, I have a turkey and a ham to cook, and the veggies, and the cranberry sauce, and the desserts, etc. It will be a wonderfully busy day. (And I have work to do, so obviously I’m here blogging when I should be doing other things.)
Thanksgiving is my absolute favourite holiday of the year because it’s just about getting the families together over good food, giving thanks for all the blessings in our lives. I love having my nephews running around with my girls. And I’m looking forward to getting a snuggle or two in today with my one and only little niece. It’s going to be a great day, just as yesterday was a wonderful day at my parents’ house.
I’m one of those believers in the Law of Attraction and the power of positive thinking. I make an effort everyday to remain in a constant state of thanks. It seems to be working pretty well for me. My life is full of all things good.
Today, and everyday, (in no particular order) I am thankful for…
- My good health
- My beautiful and wonderfully supportive family (parents, siblings, in-laws, all of them)
- My family’s good health
- Two gorgeous, brilliant children
- A sturdy marriage and the love of a good man (same guy, by the way)
- A comfortable home
- An ever-growing circle of friends
- The hard work of organic farmers
- Having the means to pay our bills, feed/clothe our family, fuel our car, and heat our home
- My career which allows me to write every single day
- My business, my business partner, and our friendship
- My publisher and book promotion team
- The work ethic my hard-working parents instilled in me
- You, for reading my words
- Access to good clean drinking water
- Being Canadian and living in this great country
- The men and women who have fought for our freedom
- And wine
I could go on, but those are the biggies.
I hope that you have counted your blessings and enjoyed time/food with people you love this weekend.
From my home to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!