Finding time to blog is hard. I know why people pay me to do their blogging for them. Close to impossible to find the time!
There’s also a lot of pressure on a writer (at least this writer) with the whole blogging thing, because you would expect my posts to be well-written. But that’s not always going to happen. Because I dedicate about all of 4.5 minutes to put together these delightful little updates.
So, let’s get on with it shall we? (Because I have supper cooking on the stove, a cup of coffee getting cold, and a seven year old telling me about how the person she sits beside at school sneezes a lot.)
I am up to my ears in edits on Into Coraira. I don’t even need to talk to you about how behind I am in revisions to the second book in the Legend of Rhyme series, because it just makes me depressed. (Now, said seven year old is singing Shake it Off.) But I’m excited about the book, don’t get me wrong. It’s proving to be tricky to a) get my actual day-job, paid work done b) promote Elora of Stone c) write the rest of the series d) be a mother/wife/daughter/friend. Crazy, I know. I should try harder.
Anyway, I wanted to give you a quick update of what I’ve been doing and what’s coming up!
I also had a great chat with some writers and young fans at the Montague Rotary Library recently. (My friend Tara showed up and snapped some photos for me!)
Upcoming events include:
- Interview with G!
- Virtual author chat with Our Lady of Lourdes Grade 4/5 class (Jan 22)
- Visit to the elementary school in Kensington (Jan 23)
- Interview with The Guardian newspaper
- Visit to Westwood Primary school (Jan 29)
- Hair appointment and dinner date with my husband (you don’t need to know about that, but I’m basically just reading off my calendar)
- Chat/signing at Summerside Library (1-3, Jan 31)
- Visit to Mount Stewart school (Feb 5)
- Chat/signing at Morell Library (Feb 7)
- Chat with the local Girl Guides troop (Feb 10)
- Radio interview on Q93
- Signing at The Bookmark in Charlottetown (noon, Feb 13)
- Chat/signing at the Souris Library (5-7, Feb 13)
- Visit to Souris Regional School (Feb 17)
- Book signing at Indigo in Charlottetown 1-3 (Feb 28)
So I clearly need to stop blogging this very minute and get this second novel finished. It’s due pretty soon and I’m running out of days! (Update: both children are completely silent, watching Road to Avonlea and ignoring the fact that I told them to keep the TV off an hour ago. I’m going with it.)
Will I be seeing you at any of those events?
(Photo Credit: Tara Stewart Photography)